Wednesday 6 February 2013

Great start to february

Well last weekend took me over to connahs quay with Dave,Linda, Susie and of course Charlie :-) yes you guessed it we went in search of the Lesser Scaup. Im glad to say yes we found it a lovely Drake who showed really well,even in the poor light i managed to get a couple of record shots of yet another lifer for me , happy days :-)

Today saw me visiting my hide which i had set up three days back near the squirrel feeders i had put up a few weeks back and i was so made up to get two reds visit the feeders and hopefully i will get more over the next few weeks :-) I know theyre not birds but thought some of you may like to see a few pics ?



whilst at the feeders i got a text from Alan Davies letting all know that an Iceland Gull had been seen over in Pentreath so I packed up quick and left my cosy hide in search of the Gull. I picked Ken Croft up on route and we arrived and scanned the gulls present mmmm nothing  just Herring, Black headed and Lesser Black Backed. So we wandered down the road a bit further and scanned another group of gulls again no white wingers :-(
So,,, we drove back to original position and scanned again and Ken soon pic up the bird ,But wait a second !! what we had picked up was an adult Glaucous Gull !! made up another lifer for me , the month just gets better and better lol. We didnt pick the Icland Gull up unfortunately but hopefully it will be seen again and fingers crossed i can get over and pin down another lifer , FINGERS CROSSED!!

Here's a few pics of the Glaucous a very white bird in brilliant sunshine mmmm not good for me to get a pic lol


1 comment:

  1. Nice shots Mogs. I think the Glauc is probably the same returning bird that has been around for the last 5 years or so in that same area.

    ReplyDelete