Sunday 23 October 2011

Lesser Yellowlegs still on the Alaw estuary

Still at the top end of the Alaw Estuary-access from Llanfachraeth-please park in the village by the pub and walk down to the bridge (only 3 mins) then footpath on the left just after the bridge.  There is no new footbridge yet per my first post but its where the 2 rivers meet at SH311822 exactly where the Black Stork was!  Only the 2nd for Anglesey and found by regular visiting birder Mark Sutton. It was seen catching invertebrates in the mud and then taking them to the water’s edge to wash before eating.  I’ve seen other tringas do that.  I wonder if it will now overwinter. I can’t see it going far now that it’s arrived so late on in the autumn.
D-Scoped:




1 comment:

  1. Loverly photos Rob, better that I could manage. Saying that though I didn't have my lucky white hat on! Have you seen it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete