Sunday 30 October 2011

Lesser Yellowlegs, Beddmanarch Bay, Rosy Starlings, Dark Great tits and Spooky South Stack


























































All in all a pretty good weekend. This sooty looking melanistic Great tit was in Nefyn in the same garden as the Rose Coloured Starling. I remember over 10 years back reports of Great tits in Brynsiencyn with all black hoods. Maybe there are melanistic traits in NW Wales Great tits? Brents and Barwits are showing well in Beddmanarch bay now with the fresh juvvy geese showing quite spangly looking backs. I'm chasing up a ringed Black headed Gull I had there today as well. South Stack had a Halloween Treasure hunt which the kids enjoyed. I also enjoyed the Choughs, Coffee and a nice bit of Cottage Pie! Also here are the best shots of the Lesser Yellowlegs that I could manage (not as good as Robs!). It was still on the Alaw East end near Llanfachraeth at 12.30 at least today.












No comments:

Post a Comment