Sunday 3 April 2011

Cemlyn 3rd April - out with the old in with the new.

On arriving at Cemlyn this morning I stopped around Cafnan and as well as my first Spring Blackcap I had what will possibly be my last Redwing. I always find it nice when you see proper Summer and Winter visitors on the same day. There were about 600 mippets around Cemlyn West with constant passage early on, with all birds heading west. There were 3 female Lap bunts in the Stubble by the west Car park and 1 by Tyn Llan ploughed field. Mark Sutton had 10 between Carmel head and Cemlyn today. He also had SE Owl and Tony had one at Tyn Llan tonight. W also had about 6 White wags, 20 Wheatears, 5 Swallows and 40 Sand Martins. A young male Peregrine was buzzing the Black heads early on. The Golden Plover flock was down to less than 100 today but they are coming into good nick now and there was a good passage of Gannets going West.

No comments:

Post a Comment